Tuesday, February 10, 2015

A Stitcher's Wardrobe: Wild West Outfit


I will not dress like Miss Ellen from the Tumble Inn Saloon, but it's fun to see on my dressform.


My hat is from Bev Galeskas' Felted Knits. I have not felted in years, and it was so much fun. Her patterns are well thought out and well written. The embellishment is a memento from Rhinebeck. I am wearing this hat often.


The scarf is machine knit slub cotton, tied in a bow as a nod to the bowed shirts coming back into style.

The skirt was sewn at Searsport Shores last summer, and my smock was sewn for Rhinebeck.

Y'all come back now, Y'hear?

2 comments:

Diana said...

I love the whole outfit, but especially the skirt. What a great color for this time of year ... it would look great with black or gray (fleece-lined!) tights and black boots.

Teri said...

I like it too. I have a similar orange felted hat, with a knitted felted flower, that I bought at the Depoe Bay Boat show. It really hasn't been cold enough to wear it this year, but I should try it on with the orange Wingfeathers, just to see if they go together.