Wednesday, February 11, 2015

A Stitcher's Wardrobe: Caverly Mountain Outfit


In January Amy gave me a skein of Berroco Fiora, a blend of cotton, viscose, alpaca, nylon, and wool. Delightful stuff. The above shawl will be my first crochet pattern, the Caverly Mountain Shawl. It is being tested now, and my pattern writing skills are being tested as well. I have a strong desire to write for the chart people, the words people, and the show-me people. So my pattern will have all those things.





I reworked my raglan pattern a third time, and it fits just right. The effort is well worth it. This one has been overdyed in mellow yellow. (This self-drafted brown knit skirt feels lovely and was fun to sew, but it will look best on another body.)

My denim jacket is a thrift store find from a few years ago. I have tricked it out with a forest of sweater trees. Surprise! It is the kind of project I can keep working on, but it's done enough to wear.






Have a Grand Day!

3 comments:

Mary Lou said...

I just got a couple of skeins of Fiora to swatch with, because I heard from Gale how much you liked it. Please tell me bows aren't coming back. Puffy sleeved suits, too? Alexis Carrington lives.

Dianne@sheepdreams said...

Your jacket embellishment is fabulous! I'm thinking I need to go to Goodwill and buy back the jacket I just donated!

gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

You know I love the shawl but the back of that jacket is SO wonderful. I am all for the clothing you can wear and keep working on.