Thursday, December 11, 2014

A Stitcher's Wardrobe: Another Triangle Scarf


If it were not for a long list of other projects that need completion, I would be hiding someplace with needles and yarn and empty coffee cups and various shiny wrappers, binge hooking triangles.


The appeal of the triangle shape for me is its flexibility. I can use up one skein of precious yarn, and if the triangle is too small then I can add another yarn as trim in a different stitch. If the triangle is medium sized I can stitch it into a 22 inch ring and wear it as a kerchief, or a cowl with a point. If the triangle is huge, perfect!


This scarf is crocheted in an offset cluster stitch, adding one pattern repeat at the end of each row.


The yarn is from Jan Marek Raczkowski Studio, a 60 merino/40 silk blend, worsted weight. It comes in an eight ounce skein (500yds), and when wound by hand the resulting ball is the size of a honeydew melon. The color is D-YsPi (I'm sure Jan knows what that means). You can find Jan's yarns at many New England Fiber Festivals, as well as Rhinebeck. I am a big fan. Big big fan.


No comments: