Monday, February 25, 2013

Snow Fun

Sometimes I get a little pang of envy when I hear about knitters meeting at the corner cafe, or toodling down the block for movies and pajamas, or approaching another knitter in the grocery to learn more about their shawl.  None of that happens where I live. But envy, yuck, such an ugly thing; I am embarrassed.  Because really, this is where I live:


This is the back of my Mom's barn.  She lives next door.

my teenager


This is the way we spent today. It's February vacation, and we have gorgeous, fresh snow.

While out on the trails, about ten miles from home, we came across one of my high school girlfriends.  She was on her way to work, on her Ski-doo.  She's a bookkeeper.


Two weeks ago our snowmobile club had our annual Cookout at the Lookout, complete with fireworks in the snow.
 


My kids fish, hike, ski and snowmobile, my friends commute on Ski-doos, I can drive a go-cart to my Mom's, and I can back up to a hot wood stove when my bum is cold.  The livin' is good here, yup.

4 comments:

Mary Lou said...

I can sit by the wood stove and watch the fire through the glass doors, I love it. But in all the time I've lived in Minnesota, I have never been on a snow mobile. Strange...I do like the ride the horse in the snow, though.

I'm gonna tell Mom! said...

Oooh. Where you live (That BARN!) is beautiful!
~kim

gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Love this post.There's something about the end of February that makes the way everyone else lives sound better than one's own life--it's so great to look around and realize it's just.not. true.
(wow is it beautiful around your place!!)

Ellen Mason said...

Gale, sometimes I'm envious of you swimming with your neighbors. I am not a swimmer. Go figure.