1. I knit my first sweater in high school. It was a sweet teal 50's cardigan. I wish I still had it.
2. I used to stay after school in the sewing lab just about every day.
3. Bridget Finnegan used to pass me hilarious notes with full illustration in Mr Stoykovich's Algebra II & Trig class. Her notes keep coming, and they're even funnier today.
4. Once a year I get together with my high school girlfriends for a long weekend. It's a tradition we started about 5 years ago, and we all cherish the event.
5. My family moved out of district in my sophomore year, but my parents paid tuition so that I could stay enrolled in my same school. I was a commuter at the age of 16.
6. I stunk at team sports. Still do. Especially if there's a ball involved.
7. I currently live next door to the home where I lived in 1982.
9. My second sweater was a bulky garter stitch pullover with a stockinette panel featuring a duplicate stitch deer. It was my first self-designed sweater.
10. Apparently I knew where I wanted to be and what I wanted to do from an early age. It's so good to be here.