Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Dress + Cardigan: Installment 5


Dress no. 5:  This fabric sat on my shelves for a long time ... not sure what attracted me to it initially. I cut and sewed the dress months ago; I figured there was enough yardage to work out any kinks in my pattern. Funny thing, fabric looks so different folded neatly, tucked in with lots of other beauties.  And now I realize it was a good idea to purchase it.  It looks so different, and I am quite fond of the print.


I have added an invisible escape hatch under the arm, much more reachable than a back zipper at the end of a long day.




And here is a companion cardigan, name to be announced later, but I'll give you a hint: It is the sweet beautiful name of a bird and a person.  It is knit from Starcroft's Nash Island Light, the 2011 clip.  I adore working with this wool.  It is fluffy and lightweight, and the long fiber creates a strong yarn.  There is no chaff - these girls sleep in island grass and seaweed.




The colorwork at the top is done Barbara Walker mosaic style, carrying only one color of yarn for any given row.



The buttons are from my extensive stash, glass I think.


My husband says this is his favorite sweater.  I'm really digging it, too.  There will be a pattern, but not until Fall!

5 comments:

Thea said...

Love both - and the pics are awesome! You are having a good time on the porch. Am hugely intrigued by the whole Nash Island thing....

Patty said...

Love your fabric.

gale (she shoots sheep shots) said...

Oh oh oh, I love everything about this pairing-the dress is great, and the sweater is a must-make, the yoke looks great (and the photos are wonderful and fun).

craftivore said...

That yoke is fab!! And I love the print on the dress. You are rockin this whole dress and cardi thing, lady.

Courtney said...

Love the colorwork! The Yoke is very "in" for fall. I've been seeing icelandic knitting everywhere! Another beautiful dress and sweater!