- I have an autographed photo of Mr. Rogers. He's wearing a zip up sweater knit by his Mom.
- I'm working on a pattern for a sweater right now. Actually, right now I'm taking a break so that I can stew over how to proceed with a centered motif that could end on exactly the same row as my sample, or in twelve other places.
- I like to think that my stash of yarn really isn't that bad. It's possible I'm fooling myself.
- I don't care to talk about my stash of fabric, because that would be embarrasssing.
- I have many, many crocheted afghans. I didn't make them. When I find them at the Salvation Army (with a tag reading Handmade for you by Doreen) I simply cannot leave them behind. I'm like a Cat Lady, but with afghans.
- My husband and I played the "if we win the lottery" game the other day. We (we ... ha) decided we would build a yarn factory, and a camp with studio classes to go with it. And my brother-in-law could provide sheep, and wool. (If we win the lottery my husband would probably be better served to find a younger woman with different fantasies.)
- I have an old knitting machine. I guess old is relative - I got it new when I was 16. I don't know what that says about my age.
- I can't remember how to use my knitting machine, and the directions are no longer with it. I don't know what that says about my age either.
- I have a printing press, and I used to make lots of tees and kids clothing.
- When we win the lottery we'll need to spend the money on something else, because it seems I already have everything.
Monday, July 26, 2010
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
- I like feet. But I'm really not into knitting socks like so many other knitters.
- A friend of mine owns a shoe company. (Isn't that cool?) I am the sample size, so sometimes I get to be a fit tester. (Isn't that cool?) Too bad I don't knit socks.
- I am a sweater knitter. I've probably already said that, but it bears repeating.
- I have never once in my life had a drink of alcohol without someone joining me. It's not that I think I'm going to go overboard (I'm not a big drinker, but I like a cocktail or two every now and again), it's just that I don't want to ruin my streak.